The Colony Group team welcomes Darien to our Cairns office, working across our Australian, PNG, Samoa and Fiji clients. In this instalment of The Colony Blog, we get to know a little bit about Darien and why she chose Colony Group.
1. What was attractive to you about joining the Colony Group team?
I am passionate about connecting with others and developing my communication skills. I was very impressed with the work the Colony Group team have done and was eager to be taken under their wing.
2. What’s your favourite part of your job and career?
Being surrounding by such amazing and talented people – watching ideas come to life.
3. What part of your job gets you the most excited?
Challenging myself every day and constantly learning on the job. I love how fast paced the environment is and no two days are the same. It’s exciting seeing all aspects of designs come together.
4. What do you do outside of work? What are you passionate about?
I like to keep active, catch up with friends for a cheeky cocktail and I study a certificate 4 in Accounting and Bookkeeping in my spare time.
5. Favourite part about living in Cairns?
I love the warm climate. Anything below 25 degrees and I’m cold.
6. What’s your dream job (besides this one, ha!)? What would be your nightmare job?
My dream job would be not working at all (ha ha) and my nightmare job would be working somewhere that I dread going to every day.
7. Tell us something about you that no one would ever guess just by looking at you.
I am a big nana at heart. I’m in bed most nights by 7pm. I still class weeknights as school nights.